Come on in and put your feet up. Learn about sales, deals and couponing in the Yellowknife. Questions and sharing are highly encouraged.

Friday, April 23, 2010

Me and my vacuum sealer

Alright, people are going to mock me, but yes I have one of those vacuum sealer things. I love it. Best investment in grocery budgeting EVER! I can buy things in huge packs and just seal them up in smaller packages. Extra Foods often has their meat at 30% as it nears its best before date. You can buy a huge club back of chicken or beef, save 30%, take it home and divide it up into smaller portions and freeze it. I've done it with other staples (grocery staples not stapler staples!) too. Raisins come out fresh as ever months later! It's paid for itself over and over again. I think Canadian Tire sells them.

No comments:

Post a Comment